The highlight of titanium wire frame glasses, why do people choose frames of this material?
- Issue Time
Nowadays,titanium wire frame glasses are becoming more and more popular and have become a fashion, especially for mid-to-high-end business elites, and pure titanium frames are even more respected.
Nowadays,titanium wire frame glasses are becoming more and more popular and have become a fashion,especially for mid-to-high-end business elites, and pure titanium frames are even more respected. However, compared with other metal, plate or plastic eyeglass frames, the price of titanium metal frames is higher.Commonly used grades of titanium spectacle plates: 15333 titanium sheet,pure titanium sheet,nitinol alloy use,titanium sheet metal for sale about titanium glasses frame.pls look at below artical:
1. Advantages of "titanium" materials:
Why are titanium frames more expensive than other materials?
First, let’s understand the difference between pure titanium spectacle frames and other materials.
(1) Light weight, about 40% of stainless steel.
(2) The hardness is high, about twice that of stainless steel and ordinary steel, twice that of iron, and six times that of aluminum. In the ultra-low temperature world, titanium will become harder and have the properties of superconductors, while steel will become fragile and incompetent. A "titanium submarine" made of titanium alloy can dive to a depth of 4,500 meters. Generally, steel submarines are easily damaged by water pressure when they exceed 300 meters.
(3) Corrosion resistance and no rust. Titanium will not corrode if soaked in the sea for 5 years, while steel will corrode and deteriorate in the sea. Titanium alloy is used to make the shell of the ship, and the seawater cannot corrode it. Therefore, titanium is often used to make equipment such as chemical industry, seawater desalination, seawater cooling in power plants, or glasses, watches...
(4) Good thermal conductivity, the thermal conductivity of titanium is about the same as that of stainless steel.
(5) Good touch, the touch of titanium is soft and smooth, without the cold feeling of other metals.
(6) Non-allergenic material. Titanium is a harmless material to the human body, and because it does not produce allergic reactions to the human body, it is one of the few metal materials used in the human body in medicine (such as artificial tooth roots, artificial bones.
(7) Titanium can also be made into a "memory alloy" with memory function together with metallic nickel. The car shell made of this "memory alloy", if deformed after a crash, only needs to be washed with water at a specific temperature to restore the car's appearance to its original shape.
2. The reason why titanium frames are more expensive than other materials:
Titanium is not a rare metal. Its reserves are second only to aluminum, iron, and magnesium, ranking fourth and 16 times the total earth reserves of copper, nickel, lead, and zinc.It is reasonable to say that scarce resources will have a higher price. The reason why titanium metal reserves are so large, but the price is expensive:One of the reasons is that the current refining cost is too high. Now our family has aluminum pots and aluminum basins, but as early as the 19th century, aluminum was a rare precious metal, and the price was more expensive than gold. During the reign of Napoleon III of France, a king feasted his officials. All his officials used gold and silver cups. Only this king raised the aluminum cup. Because the value of aluminum at that time was entirely dependent on the level of the aluminum smelting industry. With the invention of electrolytic aluminum technology, the output of aluminum hasincreased sharply, and aluminum prices have plummeted.
The extraction of titanium today is like the extraction of aluminum before the 19th century. The cost is quite high and the output is limited, so it is only used in some extremely important fields, such as aerospace, electronics industry, precision instrument manufacturing, etc.
The second reason is that the production process of titanium frames is complicated. The production of titanium metal frames The production of titanium metal frames requires special processing equipment, special welding technology and electroplating technology, many processing procedures, and high production costs.
With the emergence of various new refining methods, as well as the improvement and innovation of production and processing technology, titanium metal will gradually be applied to a wider range.