- Issue Time
- Nov 29,2021
(1) Due to the small elastic modulus of titanium alloy, the workpiece in the process of clamping deformation and stress deformation, will reduce the machining accuracy of the workpiece; Workpiece installation clamping force should not be too large, if necessary, can increase the auxiliary support.
(2) If the gas containing cutting fluid is used, the cutting process will decompose and release hydrogen at high temperature, which will be absorbed by titanium to cause hydrogen embrittlement, and may also cause high temperature stress corrosion cracking of titanium alloy.
(3) When the chloride in the cutting fluid is used, it may decompose or volatilize toxic gases. Safety protection measures should be taken when using, otherwise it should not be used. After cutting, the parts should be thoroughly cleaned with gas-free cleaning agent in time to remove chlorine residues.
(4) It is forbidden to use lead or zinc-based alloy made of work, fixture and titanium alloy contact, copper, tin, pot and their alloys are also prohibited to use.
(5) All work, fixtures or other devices in contact with titanium alloy must be clean; Cleaned titanium alloy parts should be protected from grease or fingerprint contamination, which may later cause salt (sodium chloride) stress corrosion.
(6) in general, when cutting titanium alloy, there is no danger of ignition, only in the micro cutting, cutting small chips have ignition combustion phenomenon. In order to avoid fire, in addition to pouring a large amount of cutting fluid, but also to prevent chip accumulation on the machine tool, the tool with blunt immediately replace, or reduce the cutting speed, increase the feed to increase chip thickness. In case of fire, talcum powder, limestone powder, dry sand and other fire extinguishing equipment should be used to extinguish the fire. Carbon tetrachloride and carbon dioxide fire extinguishers are strictly prohibited, and watering is not allowed, because water can accelerate the combustion and even lead to hydrogen explosion.